Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rainer's Speech - Wedding Reception

Erin Kate sang Someone Else’s Story because this is a story – you’ve all gathered here today to celebrate Trevor’s and my love story, but there are so many more stories that made today possible. Stories of a proposal & an engagement, Trevor’s life before I met him, my story, all our stories with each of you, and your stories with each other, and then stories of making today happen. And I need to find a way to acknowledge all these stories.


My story with Elaine and Trevor.




The story of my friendships with Daniela, Susan, Jessica and Jennifer.


My story with each member of Team Wedding.


The new stories with the wonderful people we’ve met – florists, hair dressers, costume designers, Queens Landing staff, Décor & More staff, and others.

I would like to honor and thank our parents and all of your love today. I would like to honor and thank our friends who have taught me so much. I have learned everything about what it means to give – I have learned about love and life. I don’t need to say more than how many of you have made me feel special and like the luckiest person in the world. Thank you for letting me play and for playing with me. What a playground.

What a great year planning this has been. Thank you to Amazing Race, Carnival, and everyone who made them happen.

Each of your roles is reflected in who Trevor and I are today. I hope you are having a wonderful time.


Finally Trevor – Trevor we match each other in independence, zest for life, courage, sense of wonder and pursuit of beauty & love. Today means the world to me and you made it happen. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment